Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 11, 2009

COASTAL BANKSIA II

well we celebrated the last of our family birthdays for July (4) today so I should be able to get back to painting next week . My ebay store is sadly lacking at the moment so it will be full steam ahead with lots of ideas on the drawing board ..just needing me to get my act together !
This is another painting in the series that I did on the Banksia trees that grow along the boardwalk at Lake Conjola . This view is looking North towards the entrance to the ocean. The banksias in this area are quite unique as they are a soft leaf variety with small cones. The underside of the leaf is a silvery green and the top of the leaf a bright , sometimes dark green ..A very interesting subject to paint ..This painting is on exhibition at the Sebel Harbourside Conference centre Kiama ..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment