Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

GRANNY'S SEWING BOX



I have just listed this beautiful antique hatbox on ebay . After quite a search I finally found one (actually two at the same time) and painted it up in a design that had been on my mind for a few weeks ..just sitting there ..beconning to be painted so I was very pleased to find this piece. I have named it ' Granny's Sewing Box'  in honour of my dear grandmother who was always creating , sewing and stitching beautiful things .
SORRY SOLD

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful box and such a lovely photo to show it off, Kathy! How is your house restoration progressing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie, it was bought by a lovely person too so I know that it is going to a good home ! The house is coming along nicely. We have just finished the picket fences and I have had a deck built off my studio so that I can easily go outside to paint on the beautiful days. I am very pleased with the decorating inside all except for our old table and chairs that just look a bit odd . I am just having trouble thinking about selling them for sentimental reasons as they were the first antiques that we bought when we married 35 years ago . Silly I know. Apart from that I am looking forward to doing some large paintings for the walls ..perhaps something with a Monet influence . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I had the idea that you would go for nostalgia inside, as that would go so well with the lovely bears you collect and the picket fences. Rundown antiques are quite precious, and we will never let go of ours. What to hang on the walls have been a problem as my paintings does not look old enough. At last the answer was to frame old prints of etchings, found here, there and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie, thankyou I always love to read your comments. We kind of have a bit of mix and match with new and old pieces of furniture. Yes some of the old is very precious ..probably including the occupants !!!

    ReplyDelete