Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 10, 2011

ROCKPOOL

It certainly has been a busy time in the Karas household with five family birthdays in July . We had an extra birthday to celebrate this year with our Ruby Rose turning one . I can't believe how fast she has grown and becoming such a lovely little girl.
This painting is one that I have completed for the Minnamurra exhibition called ' Rockpool' . It is a painting looking towards Kiama harbour with a grandfather and grandchild exploring the rockpools in the foregound. I am really getting into the painting now with the deadline looming and such a lot more to be done ..weeks flying by too fast ..I still like to keep up with the plein air group and get out into the sunshine and paint . Also working on another painting for an art prize . I have an interesting story to tell about that one but will save that for later .

2 comments:

  1. I love the connection between two generations of people and the landscape. Another love for the great outdoors is being nurtured. The landscape is lovely, Kathy! The spectator wants to be there! Happy birthday(s) to you and your family and all the best with the shows and competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie, and now that the birthdays are over ( well until another lot next month )I am back in the studio painting up a storm! How did your seascape go? I will pop over to your blog . Maybe you have it there by now ,
    happy painting friend,

    ReplyDelete