Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Out Of The Mist


I have been working on this painting and just finished it today..I got all inspired to paint it from a photo that I took while I was away with the Plein Air Girls last month . It had been a rainy ,windy morning and we had done our best to set up our easels to do some painting .( how dedicated are we ?) well we had just about had enough of battling the elements by lunchtime so one of the girls suggested that we go to the Sutton Forrest pub for lunch ..sounded like a grand idea to me !..The pub dining room has a lovely outlook towards rolling hills so we settled in for a pleasant lunch ..seemingly out of nowhere four gorgeous horses came cantering over the hill ..so lunch was forgotten and out came the cameras with a mad dash out the door towards the paddock..talk about great subjects ..it was like they were posing for the cameras as we happily clicked away oblivious of the bad weather ..back at the pub later the chef told us that the land behind the pub is owned by Nic and Keith so we were doubly pleased ..anyway this painting is called 'Out of the Mist' and has a dreamy mystical feel to it as I tried to re live the emotions of the day...I have been asked to hang a painting in the Sebel Harbourside at Kiama ..so am deciding whether to go with one that I have or paint something else ..stay tuned...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment